Established in 2008, PODER (Providing Opportunities, Dreams and Education in Riverside) supports and advocates for AB 540/undocumented students at UC Riverside. As an organization of undocumented students and allies, its mission is to educate the UCR and Riverside community about state and federal legislations affecting undocumented students.
"Dreaming of a Higher Education Conference"
Sat. November 3rd, 2018 | 8am-3pm | UCR
FREE!! Light Breakfast and Lunch Provided.
Deadline EXTENDED to October 31st
The Goals of PODER:
- Educate the community about Assembly Bill 540, CA DREAM Act, Deferred Action and immigration reform
- Assist and provide mentorship to undocumented students in the transition from high school or community college
- Provide financial assistance through scholarships and/or other resources
- Provide an environment where undocumented students can feel at home with a group of people who understand their struggle
PODER Provides Presentations and Volunteers Legal Clinics
- PODER provides presentations on DACA, AB 540, CA DREAM Act and the experience of undocumented students. PODER can conduct presentations on- or off-campus. PODER is happy to present at middle schools, high schools, community colleges and community events. For more information on presentations, please contact us at PODER.at.UCR@gmail.com.
- PODER also volunteers at legal clinics for Deferred Action. If your organization needs volunteers please contact us at PODER.at.UCR@gmail.com
PODER's Annual Events
Dreaming of a Higher Education Conference
PODER’s annual Dreaming of a Higher Education Conference provides students with information about AB 540, CA DREAM Act, DACA, access to higher education and immigration reform. This conference is open to students, parents and educators. It is generally held during the month of November. For more information, please contact us at PODER.at.UCR@gmail.com.
Investing in the DREAM Banquet
PODER’s annual Investing in the DREAM Banquet helps raise scholarship funds for undocumented students at UCR. The banquet is held during spring quarter. Scholarship applications are available during the winter quarter. For sponsorship opportunities or for more information, please contact us at PODER.at.UCR@gmail.com.