Eligibility and How to Apply
- See UCR freshman admission requirements and how to apply.
- See UCR transfer admission requirements and how to apply.
- Contact UCR Undergraduate Admissions.
- Connect with the Graduate Division.
The Application Fee Waiver
The application fee is $70 for each UC campus to which you apply. You must pay those fees when you apply. However, UC will waive application fees for up to four campuses for qualified students who would otherwise be unable to apply for admission.
The fee waiver program is for United States citizens, permanent residents, and applicants eligible for AB 540 benefits.
Students who qualify for fee waivers and select more than four campuses must pay $70 for each additional choice.
You can apply for a fee waiver within the UC application and will be notified immediately whether or not you have qualified. You will need to provide your family's income and the number of people supported by it.
Application fees are not refundable.
On the UC Application
- When asked for a country of citizenship, undocumented students should select "No Selection" from the drop-down menu.
- Applicants who don't have a Social Security number should leave that field blank.
- Undocumented students should submit the UC Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application and Affidavit (AB 540) as soon as they are accepted for admission.
Unforeseen circumstances may require you to withdraw from UCR. Learn how to withdraw and/or re-enroll properly. There is no academic penalty as long as you complete the withdrawal process by the last day of instruction. Contact the Office of the Registrar for more details.